Code-4 Counseling serves individuals and families of our:
- Law enforcement agencies
- Fire / EMS departments
- Active-duty and former military service members
- Hospital and front line medical staff
Code-4 Counseling provides a variety of training and other seminars, that include:
- Academy and In-Service trainings
- Critical Incident Response Training
- Couples’ education through “Date Nights”, couples retreats, and more
- Family Nights & Family Academies
- L•A•W•S ™- Leadership • Accountability • Wellness • Service ™
- Leadership Training
- Peer Support Training- Basic and Advanced
- Responder Family Education
- Substance Abuse Education
Code-4 Counseling also provides:
- Full counseling services to responders, couples, and their families with talk-therapy (in-person and virtual), EMDR, group therapy, and more
- Crisis intervention and counseling
- Peer support coordination and supervision
- Critical incident response, i.e. officer involved shootings, serious injuries to responders, line of duty deaths, mass casualty incidents, and more
- Conduct agency defusings and debriefs following critical incidents
- Agency wellness consult, audits and assessments
- Career coaching
- Promotional Process Training (assessment centers, oral boards, etc.)
- Create written and video trainings
“How we treat our employees on the inside will impact how they treat others on the outside.”
Law Enforcement agencies today are experiencing unprecedented challenges when it comes to proposed reforms, complex leadership dynamics, employee moral, and the stress on individuals and their families. Competent leadership at all ranks ( first-line supervisor through upper command, with fair and equitable accountability plays a key role in promoting and enhancing agency morale, and can contribute to the emotional wellness of employees and their families.
The four aspects of L•A•W•S should never be treated as mutually exclusive. The L•A•W•S workshop is customized to each agency that we work with to account for the unique culture and challenges that the agency would like to see addressed. These workshops are typically facilitated by Nick Metz (Retired Police Chief) and Dr. Sara Metz, Psy.D. Depending on the individual needs of the agency, the workshops can be facilitated by one or both.
Agencies that have received L•A•W•S Training:
Thornton Police Department
Jefferson County Sheriff's Office
Colorado State Patrol
Fayetteville (NC) Police Department
Rocky Mountain Women in Law Enforcement Annual Conference
Rocky Mountain HIDTA
Texas Association of Municipal Information Officers
Justice Clearinghouse I National Policing Institute
CAREER COUNSELING | PROMOTIONAL ASSESSMENT CENTER TRAINING
Specialty Areas: Consult to those looking for promotional and other career opportunities. Assist those looking become become Chief executives within responder agencies. Provide advisory assistance on resume and cover letter development, conduct mock interviews, and personal preparation in moving towards obtaining greater responsibility and oversight.
CAREER COUNSELING | CAREER CHANGE | RETIREMENT PREPARATION
Nick has worked with hundreds responder-professionals seeking advancement in rank and responsibility. He has assisted many in looking to become chief executives and other higher ranks within the variety of responder professions (Police, Fire, EMS, Dispatch, Security, and more.) Nick also provides consult to those who are considering entering the responder profession, leaving the responding for a new career, and/or those considering and preparing for retirement.
PROMOTIONAL ASSESSMENT CENTER PREPARATION
Nick Metz has trained over 500 responder professionals (Police, Fire, Dispatch, etc.) in preparing for the Promotional Assessment Center process, with great success. Training can be provided individually or for groups of no more than ten participants. The training is a combination of lecture and majority-interactive in nature, where the participant actually goes through a mock assessment center with the goal of removing the mystery of the process. Classes can be conducted in-person or online.
Nick has provided training all over the country for students from:
- Seattle PD
- Columbus (OH) PD
- Brighton (CO) PD
- King County (WA) Sheriff’s Office
- San Jose (CA) Police Department
- Fort Lauderdale PD
- Aurora (CO) PD
- Seattle FD
- Castle Rock FD
- Orlando PD
- Tacoma (WA) PD
- Miami-Dade PD, and more
Training and consulting work is a favorite area of focus for Code-4 Counseling. Dr. Sara, Nick, and several of the counselors on the Code-4 team are recognized local, national and international speakers. We have provided law enforcement and healthcare agencies our presentations, seminars and workshops in-person or virtually.
To schedule a consultation about the needs of your organization, contact Nick Metz at 206-499-7077 or via Email below.